Building Bryn Mawr: Dorms: Merion
The descriptions in the following three pages are directly taken from the Academic Buildings and Halls of Residence and have been paired with images. Each student would have recieved a copy.
Merion Hall was the first hall of residence opened, and was completed in 1885; it is built of Fairmont stone, has its separate kitchen and dining hall, provides accommodation for fifty-five students, and is under the charge of a resident warden, Miss Elizabeth Farris Stoddard. It contains eighteen sets of rooms, two bedrooms and a study to be occupied by two students; fifteen single rooms and four rooms of exceptional size.