Women in the Prohibition Era
Lesson Plan: Hook/Attention Grabber
1. Show the WCTU cartoon to the classroom.
2. Ask the students to look at the cartoon and answer:
- When do you think this cartoon was created?
- Who do you think created the cartoon?
- What is the message within this cartoon?
3. Repeat this questioning with the students for the second cartoon in favor of WONPR
4. Transition into WONPR and WCTU by explaining each cartoon and its creator.
(WONPR created the second cartoon, which was a female organization that was fighting against prohibition. WCTU created the first cartoon, which was a female organization who was fighting for Prohibition.)