Women in the Prohibition Era
Lesson Plan: Instructional Input
1. Lecture on the characteristic of the two major female organizations during the prohibition- Women’s Christian Temperance Union and Women’s organization for National Prohibition Reform.
2. Play PBS video clip for WCTU and WONPR:
3. Reiterate the two females within the video clips and how they represent the organization.
4. Ask students the differences between the two female organizations.
- What was the goal of each organization?
- Why did the organizations have these goals?
- How did these two organizations relate to each other?