Women's Equality in Wartime
Lesson Plan: Engagement/Hook
1. Show YouTube clips of I Love Lucy that show the gender roles being reversed. Give guiding quesitons.
2. After the students watch the clips, ask them as a group the guiding questions that the teacher told the students to keep in mind.
Questions/Guiding by the Teacher:
1. Ok class, I'm going to show you clips of I Love Lucy showing reversed gender roles.
2. Keep these questions in mind:
- What are the clips telling us about gender roles in the 1950s?
- Do the women seem like they enjoy working? Do the men?
- Are these clips pro suffrage or anti suffrage?
- How true do you believe these gender roles were in the 1950s?
- Switch up the jobs for the men and women, do you think that they would have succeed doing their normal activities?